Saving documents in Microsoft Outlook applications is made possible through the use of Addin functions. These Addin functions must be enabled on a computer before these functions are available. To confirm that these functions are enabled on this machine, click on the fileplan icon in the system tray and choose the option Preferences.
Ensure in the Preferences dialog that the option Enable Office Addins is enabled.
Saving in Microsoft Outlook
For Microsoft Outlook the Addin buttons are available through the fileplan toolbar ribbon.
Clicking Save Email will present the user with the Save Dialog which allows them to choose the folder location where the documents will be saved and the Field information to be assigned to the document.
The title will be completed with the subject of the email.
(1) Preset searches (Recent, Favourite, Flagged and Checked Out Documents) can be used to find documents already within fileplan. A list of libraries is also available for selection.
(2) If a Library has been selected and this Library contains a List, then the List values will appear for selection.
(3) If a Library has been selected, this section enables the user to select the Folder where the document will be saved.
(4) The list of documents in the selected Folder or preset search are displayed in this section. The selection of a file is only relevant if the operations Save as Version 1, Save as Next Version or Replace Selected are chosen.
(5) The user can choose a number of different methods to save the document in fileplan:
Save: The document is added to fileplan with a new Doc ID.
Save As Version 1: The document will be saved as the first version of a new version controlled document (Version 1).
Save as New Version: This option is only available when an existing version controlled document is selected. This operation allows the user to save the document as the next version of the selected document. For example, if Version 4 of a document is selected, then the new file would be saved as Version 5 of that document.
Replace Selected: This option is only available when an existing document is selected. Instead of saving the file as a new file, the selected document is replaced by this file instead.
(6) Before saving the document the user should enter relevant details about the document using Fields that have been assigned to the selected Library. These fields are available by clicking on the Details tab of the Save Dialog.
After an operation to save the document has been selected, a popup message will report the success of the operation.
Options for Saving in Microsoft Outlook
Whenever an email is saved into fileplan, the email is left in the folder where it is sourced from. To automatically delete the email after saving it, click on the option Move Email to Deleted Items after saving.